Caban Systems is looking for a passionate engineer, capable of designing embedded firmware in an early-stage startup environment. We are designing solar, wind, and energy storage systems and looking for a person who can jump in and contribute immediately.
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience
- Strong C/C++ experience for microcontrollers
- Knowledge of interface protocols: I2C, SPI, CAN, Modbus, etc.
- Experience working with ARM® Cortex® processors (even better STM32)
- Should have better-than-average knowledge of Sensors, ADCs, DACs and ability to review schematics
- Experience with battery systems and/or solar controllers
- Experience developing and releasing firmware for safety-critical applications
- Multi-threaded processing, multi-processor communication & synchronization, task scheduling
- Securely pushing data from the device to the Cloud
- Knowledge of Bootloaders and OTA firmware updates
- Python, Cython, GCC, Make and shell scripting experience
We are a small team and looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world. If you feel the same, please let us know!